I hope all is going well and everyone is enjoying their summer. I received notification from ReadFromReality that I was nominated for the Liebster Award. This is definitely going to be a learning experience for the both of us. Ha.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator
- Nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers and ask them 11 questions (let them know you nominated them.)
11 Facts About Me:
- Number one always that I believe in God. I was baptized in March, on Easter Sunday. It was amazing.
- I’m currently a graduate student, getting my Masters of Social Work. I’m going into my last year this fall.
- My all time favorite color is gold.
- I absolutely love music. I used to sing a lot in competitions. I can read sheet music. Play basic piano songs. I also used to play the cornet, but don’t remember how to at all now.
- I just recently started collecting stationary supplies. I wish we could go back to the letter writing days.
- I love plants. I currently have 3 in my bedroom alone. Although flowers are beautiful, plants last much longer.
- I am the kind of person that enjoys going to museums. I don’t even care what kind of museum it is… I’m there. Knowledge is power, my friends. 😛
- I love Starbucks. I don’t drink coffee, but I love tea. I recommend the Strawberry Acai Refresher or Passion Tea Lemonade.
- My favorite TV shows right now are Game of Thrones, Outlander, and Parenthood.
- I’m a work-a-holic. I usually take on a lot of activities. Work, internship, volunteering, and babysitting.
- This is actually really hard for me to think of things! I don’t have many hobbies besides reading.
Questions asked by person who nominated:
- What inspires you? My church family. It’s really great to be among people who understand what you’re going through and share the same beliefs as you. They always have encouraging words to say or even know when to give me the hard truth.
- Favorite food? I love avocados. They so delicious. I also really like sweet potatoes. So, those two things.
- Dream career? I want to be a school counselor, most likely in a high school. However, I would also like to be a book review on the side.
- If you could have a ten minute conversation with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Definitely have to go with Jesus.
- Favorite feature on your own body? (be nice to yourself!) I think my eyes. Got a lot of colors: blue, green, and yellow.
- Person who has had the most impact on your life? There’s a lot of people. But Mom has been, of course, had the most impact.
- Any pets? I have no pets.
- Are you reading anything right now? If so, what is it about? I’m currently reading This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab. It’s about a dystopian city where monsters roam and humans must pay for their protection from them.
- Funniest/most embarrassing story about you. A couple years ago, a friend and I were going to see the fireworks on the 4th with these really hot guys. We stopped at my house so I could get something. As I was getting out of his two door car, I tripped over the seat belt and fell onto my knees on the pavement right in front of him. I was mortified. But now…it’s pretty funny.
- Favorite holiday? Why? Christmas. I feel like it’s a week long holiday. My family always gets together. I love buying the REAL Christmas tree each year. It’s also a time where most of my family attends church with me.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? I would definitely like to fly.
- Comma Hangover
- Kelly’s Rambles
- Scrap Paper Scribbler
- The Book Review Cafe
- Thrice Read
- Sunshine Eyes
Questions for nominees:
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- Have you ever played a sport?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- If you could go any place in the world, where would you go? Why?
- Paperback or Hardcover books?
- If you found $50 on the street, what would be the first thing you’d by?
- Is there any animal or bug that you’re extremely afraid of?
- If you could have lunch with one book author, who would you choose?
- Do you like black and white movies?
- Would you rather order books online or buy in store?
- Who is the first person you go to tell about the recent book you read?